One of the most commonly used phrases on the Internet is online service desk. You are not going to see ordinary individuals discussing about this type of software online, but rather businesspeople. Managers that have already integrated the system in their IT infrastructure strive to answer the questions of those demanding to know what advantages can be derived from this course of action. This is not the place to cover online discussions. This is not the goal of this article. The real goal of this piece of writing is to provide information about online help desk software. This application is used in organizations across various industries, so it is worth learning more about it.
What is an online service desk?
This seems to be the question of the day. A great many people are eager to know what represents an online service desk. What can be said, other than the fact that it is a complex IT system, is that it provides support with problems related to customers. The operating system is basically a resource that company employees can use in order to solve issues that might arise. The help desk, this being the preferred denomination, lifts the weight of the shoulders of the staff members – metaphorically speaking, of course. In the past, there was one employee who was responsible with answering phone calls and delivering solutions. Even if the number of employees has increases in organizations, they are still required to handle existing problems on their own. Well, not any more.
For the sake of intelligent applications like bpm’online service and Zendesk, staff members are able to respond to questions and technical inquiries in a timely manner. The reason for this is that the portal offers them access to all the information that they could possible need. Employees have an entire database at their disposal, so they are able to provide clients much-needed assistance.
The pros and the cons
There is no doubt that having innovative technology in place is advantageous. The online platform acts like a single point of contact, meaning that it can be approached for information as well as assistance. This does not mean that a system is not allowed to have limitations. The perfect software has not yet been created. What you have to understand is that operating systems are made by people and they are sometimes subject to error. By error, it needs to be understood that they cannot always predict what companies want. Now, let us take a look together at the main pros and cons.
- Web-based. The fact that the software is web—based is of tremendous help to your organization. Do you know why? Because you do not have to acquire any program and struggle to integrate it into your current IT infrastructure. Due to the fact that the point of contact is based online, anyone who disposes of an Internet connection can gain access to it. The process is not disrupted, and requests can be handled no matter the communication channel used.
- Ability to perform important tasks. The online service desk enables users to see to important tasks, such as account management and performance monitoring. The application offers the necessary tools in order to do so.
- Easy to use for agents and customers. Nowadays, it is quite difficult to find a software program that is capable of responding to the needs of staff members and customers. Yet, programs like Zoho Desk manage to achieve this almost impossible goal. Most importantly, they are easy to use, having an intuitive interface. You do not have to provide your service agents training or leave instructions for clients.
- Self-service. Most people are too proud to acknowledge that they need assistance. Or they simply prefer to do thing on their own. What service desk technology does is provide them the means they need to solve their issues. Simply put, the application empowers them to take matters into their own hands.
- Lack of personal touch. What can be more convenient than having a web-bas system to help your company with customer questions and inquiries? Very few things. The problem is though that some people might not be happy with automating the process. More specifically, they might miss the personal touch. This is indeed a drawbacks, but there is something that your service agents can do. What you can do is personalize their experience. If you do this, the outcome will be a positive one.
- New features and upgrades might not take place automatically. It is tempting to assume that new features and upgrades are immediately implemented, but this may not be the case. You might have to contact the cloud-software provider and fix this.
Deploying online service desk with CRM
Customer relationship software is one of the most advanced systems that you are ever going to see. Considering it’s rise in popularity and the extent to which it is used in various industries, it is safe to say that it has become central to business operation. The vast majority of CRMs come with a help desk option. This is true when talking about programs like bpm’online, that are created keeping in mind the end user. However, it is not fair to expect all systems to be the same. While some customer relationship management tools have the service desk option, others do not.
If you have an old-age CRM in place, there is no need to threat because it can work together with the web-based system. When their forces are combined, the software provide infinite benefits. On the one hand, the subscription cost is significantly lower if you buy a solution from the same software supplier. On the other hand, everything is much more simpler. To be more precise, dealing with customers is no longer a burden. Simplicity is something that you need to strive for and only technology can help you in this sense.
If anything mentioned in this article has convinced you, do not waste any more time and start looking for a reliable vendor. The sooner you have a solution in place for service desk, the better.