The years of successful and disappointing process management experience have resulted in the appearance of fundamental principles, which are used by most modern enterprises. These principles increase company returns, improve business processes, and let organizations satisfy both the stakeholders and the clients. BPM best practices include the set of methods focused on business process operation and change. If the stuff of the organization understands these principles and takes them into account, they have more chances to achieve success in the highly competitive marketplace.
The Key Strategy of BPM
In order to succeed with business process management, one should pay a special attention to the choice of a reliable, user-friendly system with a wide set of tools. This is the major factor contributing to successful implementation of BPM software. In order to make the right choice, inspect the technical criteria of the platforms you are considering. Make sure the system you are going to implement meets the particular business pattern of your organization. Pay a special attention to the level of integration the chosen BPM platform enables, as well as management possibilities and the way it meets the standard IT requirements.
Bpm’online is one of the most reliable, flexible, and user-adapted solutions for modern enterprises of all sizes. This cloud-based business process management system has a set of out-of-the box tools meant to connect the dots between marketing, sales and service. The platform lets companies manage a complete customer journey, increase the level of customer satisfaction, adapt to the changing demands of the market and boost revenue. Its BPM software tools meet the needs of all business areas; therefore bpm’online is gaining popularity among different types of organizations all over the world. Read about this business process management software on https://www.bpmonline.com/crm.
Six BPM Best Practices
In order to get the most out of the online BPM software you’ve chosen, take into account the following principles of its implementation. If you don’t take into account these fundamentals, you are under the risk of getting lost and distracted from the main benefits of BPM system. Here are the most important principles of a successful business process management platform implementation:
- Follow the “3-Year Rule”. According to the BPM best practices, this is the most effective way for companies to control their vendors, products, and project risks. Make sure the software developer you are going to work with has at least one successful product, which has never failed throughout three years. This risk-controlling approach will protect you from the danger of choosing an unreliable vendor with “short-living” BPM software solutions. Even if the platform you are implementing has not passed the “3-year test”, but the company has at least one successful project that met all company’s requirements – you can still trust this vendor.
- Analyze your business processes and then select the right tools to managethem. This is the first step of a successful BPM implementation. Your analysis should be simple and fast: classify all your processes according to their currency, level of capability, and the types of users and applications involved in them. Study the tools of the chosen business process software and find out what they are designed for. And only then implement the product – in the right place and with the appropriate preparations.
- Implement the chosen online business process management system in two steps. Start with digitizing the paper-laden processes, and try to maintain the organization’s normal functioning with the new electronic environment for at least half a year. Only then you can proceed with redesigning and automating of the processes. The benefits of this operations order have been proven by the BPM best practices:
- It lets companies avoid the common situation when the new processes are badly designed, as the specialists do not really understand the influence of the electronic documentation.
- This method of software BPM implementation provides possibility for change management. The company’s staff can get accustomed to the new solution, adjust to its features, and improve some aspects of their daily work when necessary.
- By proceeding in your BPM implementation with “baby” steps, you’ll be able to stop as soon as you need. You can declare victory with each – even the smallest achievement, which is very important in maintaining the right spirit of the company’s stuff.
- Be ready for a partial failure. Remember that different systems work differently in different circumstances. The BPM program you’ve selected may be very good – but it’ll never be able to satisfy all your needs at once and fit perfectly into all of your business processes. It may become an unpleasant or even happy failure, but BPM systems never function exactly as planned. This is a normal practice, and it is up to you to adapt to the unstable process of the platform implementation. Have several “Plans B” – and you’ll be prepared for any unexpected events.
- BPM best practices are connected with blocking and tackling. Try to manage all the business processes without faltering, as the requirements to your company will become more complex and high. Focus on the factors that lead to the successful execution of the company’s key tasks, more than on improving secondary features of the BPM system. As the BPM best practices show, it is very important for an organization to monitor and control its production first.
- Try to involve all your stakeholders into the process of the software implementation. The list of the persons you should pay attention to includes the business users, the IT specialists, and the end users. Ensure close collaboration among these groups of employees and make sure they feel comfortable throughout the deployment process. When implementing BPM softwares, it is important to get a constant feedback from the end users, so that you could prove that the platform is actually efficient and profitable for your company.